The Constitutional Amendment nº. 20/98, the so-called Social Security Plan Reform, that introduced changes in the specific regimes of the civil servant pension plan programs, including the possibility to create Capitalized Funds to cover these regimes.
The Rio de Janeiro State Government, aware of its duty to provide payment for social security benefits, owed to its civil service employees and their dependents, without compromising funding of its core duties (providing services and infrastructure to the population in general), implemented the measures necessary for organization, and operation of the new capitalized regime to fund its own State Employee Social Security Benefit Program.
Through enactment of Law nº. 3189, of February 22, 1999, the Rio de Janeiro State Single Social Security Fund - RIOPREVIDÊNCIA, an independent self-governing public entity, for the purpose of managing fund´s financial assets, in order to provide funding for payment of stipends, pensions and other social security benefits.
Following the legal requirements set forth in the Constitutional Amendment nº. 41 of December 19, 2003, Law nº. 5109, of October 15, 2007 determined the end of the Rio de Janeiro State Social Security Institute - IPERJ, transferring to RIOPREVIDÊNCIA the authority to authorize, Manage and pay the social security benefits defined in state law, which deals with the social security regime of Rio de Janeiro State civil servants and their dependents. On December 11, 2007, Law nº. 5154 changed Attachments II and III of Law nº. 5109, of October 15, 2007.
To provide excellent services to our clientele (active and inactive civil servants, pensioners and dependents), with efficient service, credibility, respect and social responsibility, with transparent and effective asset management, to meet current and future social security benefits and contribute to a state fiscal management.
To be the best Specific Social Security Regime manager in Brazil, with proven excellence, with the following directives:
1) Satisfaction in rendering services to its clientele;
2) Good asset and liability management practices;
Sergio Aureliano Machado da Silva
Director - President
Born in Rio de Janeiro on 02/18/1953.
• Graduations: Actuarial Sciences, Economic Sciences and Data Processing.
• Post-Graduation: Actuarial Sciences
• Former President of the Brazilian Institute of Actuaries– IBA – with two terms, in the periods of 1992 to 1994 and from 2002 to 2004;
• Member of the Brazilian Institute of Actuaries – IBA;
• Member of the Nacional Council of Directors of the Own Social Security Regime – CONAPREV
• Member of the International Institute of Actuaries – IAA;
• Member of the Ethics Comittee of the Brazilian Institute of Actuaries - IAA
• Member of the Fiscal Council of the Brazilian Institute of Actuaries – IBA;
• Former member of the Nacional Council of Social Security – CNPS;
• Consultant of the World Bank in the Project of the Reform of the EC 20/98 of Brazil´s Social Security, in the period of 1997 to 2001;
• Former Consultant to the United Nations Development Program – PNUD;
• Former consultant of Social Security of the National Confederation of Municipalities – CNM;
• Former Actuary of 380 (three hundred and eighty) Own Social Security Regimes (RPPS) of municipalities of Brazil;
• Former consultant of the Public Pension Reform Support Program of the States of the Ministry of Social Security and Social Assistance – MPAS;
• Former consultant of Social Security of the State of Paraná;
• Former consultant of Pension Funds of Various Private Pension Funds.
• Professor of the Getúlio Vargas Foundation (Brasilia) from 2001 to 2003;
• President of the Electricity Company of the State of Rio de Janeiro – CERJ – from 1992 to 1995;
• Former Consultant of Actuary at I2S Insurance Software Solutions – Portugal.
Aloisio Villeth Lemos
Director of Investments
• Born in Rio de Janeiro on 24/10/1961.
• Master in Business Economics - University Cândido Mendes
• Post-Graduate in Economic Engineering and Industrial Organization - UERJ
• Bachelor in Accounting Science - University Santa Úrsula
• Certification CNPI – National Certification of an Investment Professional
• Acted in financial market institutions, such as Àgora Broker (Bradesco Group); Lopes Filho and Associates, Investment Advisers; LFRating and others.
• Finance Professor in postgraduate courses and MBA in institutions such as Ibmec, Veiga de Almeida University, Apimec, Anbima, and others.
• Associate and former technical director of Apimec-Rio (Association of Analyst and Investment Professionals of the Capital Markets, regional of Rio de Janeiro).
Fabiana Morais Braga Machado
• Graduated in Law in 2001 from the State University of Rio de Janeiro - UERJ.
• In 2008 she completed her master’s degree in Public Law from the same undergraduate university.
• In the Attorney General’s Office she has worked both in litigation and advisory areas, heading the Coordination, Consulting and Preventive Advocacy of the Legal System (PG-15) between 2014 and 2018.
• She was a member of the Fiscal Council of Age-Rio (state funding agency) between 2017 and 2020, having presided over the College in the last two years.
Marcelo Fresteiro Dias Ferreira
Social Security Director
Born on 11/18/79
• Mathematics - Federal University of Santa Maria - Santa Maria (UFSM)
• Executive MBA in Finance - Brazilian Institute of Capital Markets (Ibmec)
• MBA in Business Management - Veiga de Almeida University, UVA/RJ
• Professional with over 11 years of experience in Social Security, working at the Rio de Janeiro State Social Security Fund and at the Rio de Janeiro State Supplementary Pension Foundation. He has experience in the field of Administration, with an emphasis on Financial Administration.
• 2019 to 2021- Social Security Benefits Manager - Rioprevidência
• 2019 - Alternate Advisory Board - RJPrev
• 2013 to 2018 - Director of Administration and Investments - RJPrev
• 2013 - 2013 - Director of Administration and Security - RJPrev
• 2010 - 2013 - Control and Registration Manager - Rioprevidência.
• 2010 - Specialist in Social Security - Rioprevidência